Visas and immigration

If you are not a citizen of the UK (and you do not have residence rights under the EU Settlement Scheme) it is likely you will need a visa to study here at Leeds Arts University.

Visit to find out what kind of UK visa you need.

Applying for your visa

For a student visa application to be successful you must demonstrate:

  • You have an unconditional offer of a place on a Leeds Arts University course. We will then issue you a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies) number which you will use to make your visa application.

  • You have enough money available to cover the tuition fees and living expenses for the first year of the course.

  • You have met the English Language requirement

A full list of visa application fees can be found at

If you are already studying in the UK different rules apply which are explained on the UKCISA website.

Receiving your CAS number

If you are holding an unconditional offer to study with us, we can begin the CAS process. We usually begin the CAS process from March onwards, for students wishing to join us in September.

We will send you a pre-CAS questionnaire which lists the documents we require from you to be able to issue your CAS. We also require you to pay your tuition fee deposit at this time.

Once we have received, reviewed and approved your documents and received your tuition fee deposit, we can issue your CAS number. Once we have sent your CAS number, you can apply for your visa.

We recommend that you make your visa application as soon as you receive the CAS to avoid any potential delays.

For more information about how and when to apply, costs and the documents you require, please visit:

If you require any further information or clarification on the visa process, please contact

Graduate visa

The Graduate visa is a post-study work visa for international students completing an Undergraduate level course (or above). It can allow you to remain in the UK for two years upon completing your course. This visa can be used to work in most types of job role or to spend time in the UK looking for work. The Graduate visa is an attractive option for those students wishing to carve a career in the UK after their studies. You cannot extend your stay under the Graduate visa, but you can apply for another visa, such as the Skilled Worker visa, if you find a suitable job and meet all of the requirements.

For more information, please visit

Join our mailing list