Undergraduate fees and finance top header background image


Undergraduate fees and finance

Tuition fees

Fees (per year) 2024-25

BA/BMus (Hons) courses - Year one*


BA/BMus (Hons) courses - Year two


BA/BMus (Hons) courses - Year three


The above fees for 2024-25 are subject to government regulations on fees increases. Fees for undergraduate home students are regulated by the Government.

*In November 2024 a one-off cash scholarship of £500 (payable only in the first year) is available to students who directly progress from one of the University's further education courses to one of the University's undergraduate courses.

Home students with a First Degree

Fees for entry onto a BA (Hons)/BMus course commencing 2024-25: £10,000

For more information on fees for students who have already studied a higher education course please see: www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Early payment discount

Students who pay their fees in full before the 31 August will receive a discount of 5%.

All payment schemes are subject to review, update and terms and conditions. For further details please contact Finance on 0113 2028006.

Student Loans Company

You will not need to pay for your tuition fees in advance, providing you are eligible for a tuition loan from the Student Loans Company. This loan can usually cover the full amount of your tuition fees, which are paid directly to the University each year.

You can apply for a tuition fee loan regardless of the level of your household income. You will need to repay the loan, but not until after you graduate and are earning over a certain amount each year. You should apply for student finance as early as possible – you do not need to wait for a confirmed place.

Eligible full-time students can also get help from the SLC to cover living costs, in the form of a maintenance loan (which you will also have to pay back). The SLC will assess your household income and tell you how much financial help you can expect to receive towards your living costs.

If you have studied an undergraduate degree before please visit the student finance website: www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

Students must register at the University to get their first student finance payment. The Student Finance England film below explains what steps you need to take to get your money in time for the start of your course. The Student Finance Zone also has some tips on how students can make sure they get their money in time for the start of their course.

Skin's Chancellor Scholarships

The University is delighted to offer three Skin's Chancellor Scholarships for undergraduate students. A cash scholarship of £3,000 per year for three years will be awarded to two home students and one international student. Click here for more information.

Please note the scholarship application deadline for students commencing their studies in 2024 has now passed.

Creative Practice Support Bursary

In 2024 the University will provide a cash bursary for new entrants whose family income is below £25,000 per annum and are therefore in receipt of the maximum student maintenance loan. This cash bursary will be £250 in the first year, £350 in the second year and £500 in the third year.

Eligibility for the Creative Practice Support Bursary will be based on the information submitted to the Student Loan Company each year. Eligible students will receive confirmation and payment details in the second term.

Internally Progressing Students

In November 2024 a one-off cash award of £500 payable (only in the first year) is available to students who progress directly from one of the University’s further education courses to one of the University’s undergraduate courses.

There is no application process for this award. Eligibility will be based on reports of those students who have enrolled and previous study. Payments will be made based on a student's attendance in the first semester.

Higher Education Hardship Fund

Once you have started your course and paid your fees, you may be eligible to apply for financial help from the Hardship Fund. This fund cannot be used for tuition fees. For more information about this fund please contact Student Finance at studentfinance@leeds-art.ac.uk.

Care Leavers and Care Experienced Bursary

A bursary of £3,000 per year is available to undergraduate students who are assessed as a care leaver by Student Finance England. These students will not need to apply for the bursary and will receive confirmation of eligibility and payment dates. The bursary will be paid in three instalments of £1,000 at the start of each term.

Undergraduate students who think they meet the wider definition of care experience are advised to contact Elizabeth.Crickmore@leeds-art.ac.uk for further information on evidence required and the bursary application process. Click here to read the definition of care experience.

Estranged Students Bursary

A bursary of £3,000 is available to students estranged from their family as per Student Finance England criteria. £1,000 will be paid each term.

Eligibility is assessed by the Student Loans Company. Those students assessed as estranged will receive confirmation of eligibility and payment details.

Disabled Students’ Allowances

You can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) to cover some of the extra costs you may have because of a specific learning difficulty, mental health difference, long term illness or any other disability.

They can fund extra support a student might need while at University, provided they live in England and have a disability that affects their ability to study.

Full information about DSA and eligibility to apply is available on the government website at www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowances-dsas/eligibility.

Join our mailing list