Exploring collaboration through archives, practice and exhibition opportunities
Curatorial and Craft seeks to explore the potential of these fields to develop new knowledge and research possibilities through projects and opportunities that can question and reconfigure what these terms offer. The aim is to develop a platform to enable shared knowledge, experiences and opportunities for engaged and effective research work.
Themes within the cluster are:
- Collections and archives as tools for practice.
- Collaboration – as practitioners; with museums and archives; with industry.
- Craft – exploration of craft in the abstract and the potential of the crafted object.
- Exhibitions as public engagement – curation, dynamics of space and object, impact.
- Curating – selection, interpretation, creation, presentation, discussion, preservation.
The cluster has a broad remit and wishes to develop joint initiatives for practice-research dialogue and exchange to grow around the above themes.