This Notice explains how Leeds Arts University will collect and use your personal data. This policy outlines what categories of information we retain and how we use it. Leeds Arts University is committed to looking after any information that is made available to us when you provide us with personal information in accordance with Data Protection Legislation, including the UK GDPR as amended, the EU GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
Throughout this Notice, “University” "we", "our" and "us" refers to Leeds Arts University and "you" and “your” refers to those consenting to receiving information from Leeds Arts University regarding events, shows and exhibitions.
Where do we get your personal data from?
We obtain your personal data when you complete a form on our website to opt-in and give your consent to receiving promotional emails about Leeds Arts University activities such as events and exhibitions; Creative Networks; End of Year Shows; and Young Creatives arts courses.
What personal data do we hold?
We only hold data which you have submitted to us via the website form. This is:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your selection of the information you would like to receive e.g. End of Year Shows
- A record of our communication with you
Will we send your data to third party organisations?
We do not sell or otherwise transfer personal data to any third parties unless you have consented to this or this is permitted by law.
How will we communicate with you?
We will email you with information regarding the topic you have opted-in to receive.
You can opt-out at any point in time via the ‘Contact Preferences’ link at the bottom of emails or via emailing email@example.com.
Your rights as a data subject
Data Protection Legislation gives you a number of rights to protect your personal data and its use. You have the right to:
- Withdraw consent where that is the legal basis of our processing
- Access your personal data that we process
- Rectify inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you
- Be forgotten. This means that in certain circumstances you can request that your details be removed from systems that we use to process your personal data
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic form
- Object to certain processing of your personal data by us
Please see ico.org.uk for further information on the above rights. You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You may also contact the Data Protection Officer for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal basis for processing your data under Data Protection Legislation & retention periods
The legal basis for holding and processing your data under Data Protection Legislation is:
You have provided us with consent to hold your data and communicate with you via a specific method.