This free course will be available from 14 December 2020 until 8 January 2021.
Mature Learners’ Preparing for Arts University is designed to develop work for a digital or physical portfolio in support of an application to Access to Higher Education Art & Design, a Foundation Diploma in Art & Design or a creative subject at university. There will be workshops covering useful topics about applying to university and arts courses as a mature learner. It will be run digitally via content released through our website such as videos, presentations and worksheets. You can work through the content at your own pace.
Tutors will be available from 14- 18 December 2020 and 5-8 January 2021 to support and answer questions at any time either through voice conferencing software or email depending on your preference.
The content of the course will include:
- A choice of briefs to inspire a project with pathways for students applying to fine art, graphic communication courses or textiles and fashion
- Support to develop responses to the brief with materials posted out to support the development of work
- Selecting and developing project ideas which lead to a final piece
- How to present the project using sketchbooks and a portfolio
- Workshops on applying to university, portfolio development, personal statement writing, and links to finance information
- Current student ambassadors will share samples of their work
Applications to participate must be emailed to email@example.com by Monday 7 December 2020. We will email you to confirm whether or not you have a place on the course. You will then receive an email to join the course on Monday 14 December.
Please note, Mature Learners’ Preparing for Arts University is a widening participation initiative that is part of Leeds Arts University’s Access and Participation Plan, approved by the Office for Students (OfS). The course is very popular and numbers are limited, therefore applications are considered on an individual basis. Participants from underrepresented groups or who live in an area of low participation in higher education will be prioritised.
Taking part in this progression activity, organised by Leeds Arts University’s Progression Team, helps in your preparation to make an application. It does not guarantee acceptance on to a course at the university.
- 14 December - 08 January 2021