The University, as a Higher Education Corporation, is an exempt charity by virtue of section125A of the Education Reform Act 1988, as inserted by s.41 of the Teaching and Higher Education Act 1998.
The Charities Act 2006 implemented a government decision that all charities should be subject to regulation, with the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) becoming principal regulator for exempt charities in the HE sector from 1 August 2010. The 1993 and 2006 Charities Acts were consolidated into the Charities Act 2011.
The Higher Education Council for England (HEFCE) was the University's Principal Regulator for charity law purposes to 31 March 2018. From 1 April 2018, the Office for Students (OfS) became the University's Principal Regulator for charity law purposes.
Information about the OfS's role as Principal Regulator for universities that are exempt charities is available here.
Legal name and address for correspondence:
Leeds Arts University, Blenheim Walk, Leeds LS2 9AQ
See below for the University’s Instrument and Articles of Government, which were adopted on 1 August 2011.
Names of trustees as of 31 January:
Other charity trusteeships:
See below for a list of other charities with which the above trustees are associated.
Full audited consolidated accounts:
See below for the University’s approved Annual Financial Statements.
- Financial Statements 2019-20
- Financial Statements 2018-19
- Financial Statements 2017-18
- Financial Statements 2016-17
- Financial Statements 2015-16
- About the Board of Governors
- Policy on Income Derived From External Activities
- Leeds Arts University Instrument & Articles of Government Approved June 2020
- Annual Remuneration Report to the Board of Governors for the Financial Year to 31 July 2020
- Annual Remuneration Report to the Board of Governors for the Financial Year to 31 July 2019
- Governors' Other Trusteeships 2020-21
- Governors' Other Trusteeships 2019-20
- Governors' Other Trusteeships 2018-19
- Governors' Other Trusteeships 2017-18
- Governors' Other Trusteeships 2016-17
- Governors' Other Trusteeships 2015-16
- Ofsted Further Education & Skills Inspection Report