Researching experience and the ideas around the pedagogy of art and design education.
- The pedagogy research cluster is an arena for individuals to meet in an atmosphere of cooperation and enthusiasm, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas around the pedagogy of art and design education.
- It recognises that research manifests itself in a variety of exciting and innovative ways and that academic rigour and academic integrity are entirely compatible with a lively, participative and inclusive ethos.
- Support will be extended to, and by, all participants in exploring how teaching and learning in the arts affects us all.
- The cluster recognises the contribution made by pedagogy not only to the science but also to the art of teaching.
- It acknowledges the experiential nature of art and design education.
- It reflects in its activities the value of critical reflective practice, the excitement of action research and the variety and depth of visual creativity amongst its members and in the College as whole.
Cluster leader: Karen Tobias-Green